Did you know this spring we are supporting 8 projects in our Thompson-Nicola & South Cariboo region?
Here’s the projects and programs we’re helping out this season!
- $1600 for the Kamloops Community YMCA-YWCA’s Project – Mind Outside – youth-at-risk program. An 8-week pilot project to serve 24 at-risk youth July 6 – Sept 30, 2021. The funding, which comes from the Brandon Gives Back Fund, will help to support transportation & kayak rentals.
- $1500 for the Kamloops Music Collective‘s Project – One Big World: to bring a new genre of music to our city. Fostering collaboration among young musicians Oct 10, 2021. The funding, which comes from The Music Fund (Pamela Hughes Memorial Fund), will help to support the purchase of a set of custom marimbas and a set of global auxiliary percussion instruments.
- $1500 for the Kamloops-Cariboo Regional Immigrants Society‘s Project – The Kamloops Immigrant Services’ Mentoring and Tutoring Program for the Empowerment of Newcomer Children and Youths, which helps with tutoring and mentoring for new immigrants in our region that are transition into the Canadian school system from Sept 7/21 – June 30/22. The funding, which comes from the Noble Endeavours Fund, will help to assist with the tutoring and mentoring program.
- $1500 for the Merritt Dance Society in partnership with Nicola Valley Community Arts Council for their collaborative project – Performance of Coppelia with Covid protocols in place; performance on June 11 & 12, 2021. The funding, which comes from the Peter G. Botta Memorial Fund, will help to assist with the production of their rendition of Coppelia.
- $1500 for Project X Theatre in partnership with the Kamloops Arts Council for Project X’s X-Fest outdoor theatre – July 7 -Aug 8, 2021 (Covid protocols are in place). The funding, which comes from the Brandon Gives Back Fund, will help to assist with equipment and supplies.
- $1600 for the Sun Peaks Community Garden Society in partnership with the Sun Peaks Education Society for their project – Community Garden Society purchase of a cistern low pro tank for the community garden during summer of 2021 – June 13 – Sept 12, 2021. The funding, which comes from the Advocis Fund, will cover the cost of purchasing the cistern.
- $1500 for the Western Canada Theatre‘s Project – Adaptation in Artistic Practices – a necessary transition to digital/virtual programming due to Covid 19 for the 2021 season May 11 – Nov 27, 2021. This funding, which comes from the Smart & Caring Fund, will assist with the purchase of a laptop for their digital virtual programming.
- $1500 for the Zajac Ranch for Children‘s Program – camp for children with disabilities or serious medical conditions from May 22 – Aug 30, 2021. The funding, which comes from the Smart & Caring Fund, will support camper accommodation for participants from the BC Interior region.
Did you know there is an upcoming fall intake for the Community Project Grant Program? Apply today!