Grants are awarded by the BC Interior Community Foundation twice a year, April 1st and October 1st, to non-profit organizations which hold charitable registration with Revenue Canada or are sponsored by an organization with charitable registration.
- We support community-based programs in the areas of Arts & Culture, Health & Welfare, Sports & Recreation, and other charitable activities.
- Granting is available to the residents of the Thompson, Nicola, and South Cariboo region and within the communities of Lillooet, Lytton, Clinton, 70 Mile House, Ashcroft, Cache Creek, Kamloops, Clearwater, Barriere, Chase, Logan Lake and Merritt.
- a clearly-defined and researched need;
- evidence of support from other organizations and funders;
- efficient and co-ordinate use of community resources, both human and financial;
- involvement of the program beneficiaries in the planning;
- significant volunteer participation;
- active planning for continuation of the project beyond initial funding;
- a clearly-defined and adequate method of evaluation to measure the outcomes.
Grants will not normally be awarded for operation requirements, or to rescue an organization from a financial deficit situation; or to religious organizations, unless the community-at-large will benefit significantly; or to individuals (except scholarships); or to promote political, religious, moral or ethical philosophies; or for purposes which may be deemed discriminatory.
The amount requested should be proportionate to your organization’s capacity as demonstrated by your operating budget and audited financial statements.Realistic budgets must be presented.
The organizations applying for funds must provide one-third of the project funding from other sources.
Grants come in a variety of sizes depending on the scope and scale of activities—lists of past Community Grants are available below.
Applicants should complete the attached application. In addition, applicants should submit the additional information:
- a list of current Board members and Officers;
- a copy of your most recent audited financial statement;
- a copy of your current budget;
- a copy of your latest Annual Report
- your charity number or your sponsoring charities number
- for sponsored organizations, establish a written partnership relationship with a registered charity (a “Charity”) that would apply for funds for the proposed project from the Foundation. CRA states that the relationship between the registered Charity and the non-charitable organization be formalized and documented before a grant can be awarded. (visit CRA website for more details)