bc interior community foundation
COMMUNITY PROJECT GRANTS
Community Project Grants are awarded by the BC Interior Community Foundation twice a year.
Deadlines for grant applications are April 1st and October 1st.
Apply today to fund a project or program that’s close to your heart!
Supporting community-based projects/programs within the BCICF coverage region of Thompson-Nicola & South Cariboo Area.
A HELPING HAND
Community Grants can help support your project or program cost. Kick-start your project or program today.
Available within the communities of Lillooet, Lytton, Clinton, 70 Mile House, Ashcroft, Cache Creek, Kamloops, Clearwater, Barriere, Chase, Logan Lake and Merritt.
Community Project Grants – Information Summary
- Grant amounts will be up to $3000
- Your organization must be a registered charity or qualified donee under CRA regulations (check here)
- If you are not a registered charity or qualified donee you will need to partner with one to apply
- Grants will only be given within our funding region
- Project and programs must fall within the important dates listed below
- Organizations are only eligible to receive one Community Grant per year
- A clearly defined and researched need
- Evidence of support and/or collaboration from other organizations and funders
- Efficient and co-ordinated use of community resources, both human and financial
- Involvement of the program beneficiaries in the planning
- Significant volunteer participation
- Active planning for the continuation of the project beyond initial funding
- A clearly defined and adequate method of evaluation to measure the outcomes.
Projects We Support
- registered charity projects/programs
- projects/programs from organizations with a charitable partner
- projects/programs from organizations sponsored by their municipality/First Nation partner
- project/programs sponsored or initiated by another type of Qualified Donee
The amount requested should be proportionate to your organization’s capacity as demonstrated by your project budget. Realistic budgets must be presented.
Projects which already have additional partner funding or other funding streams are preferred, as this shows community engagement with the project. Please note the current budget for Community Project Grants allows for each grant to be allocated up to a maximum of $3000.
Our Funding Region
- Ashcroft, Barriere, Chase, Cache Creek, Clearwater, Clinton, Kamloops, Lillooet, Logan Lake, Lytton, Merritt, 70 Mile House.
- Adams Lake Indian Band, Lytton First Nation, Neskonlith Indian Band, Nlaka’pamux Nation, Oregon Jack Creek Band, Shuswap Indian Band, Simpcw First Nation, Skeetchestn Indian Band, Skuppah Indian Band, Splatsin First Nation, Spuzzum First Nation, T’kemlups te Secwepemc, Whispering Pines/Clinton Indian Band.
- These are just a few of the larger municipalities/ First Nations within our region – please see the geographical grant area map for a better idea if your organization is covered by our region.
Grants will not be awarded:
- for operational requirements
- to rescue an organization from a financial deficit situation
- to religious organizations, unless the community-at-large will benefit significantly
- to individuals
- to promote political, religious, moral or ethical philosophies
- for purposes which may be deemed discriminatory.
- to the same group within one calendar year
Am I a Qualified Donee?
Partnering with a Qualified Donee
COMMUNITY GRANTS – SPRING
Eligible Projects must begin after June 1st
- March 15 > Project Evaluations due (if you have received a previous grant)
- April 1 > Application Deadline
- June > Cheques disbursed
COMMUNITY GRANTS – FALL
Eligible Projects must begin after December 1st
- September 15 > Project Evaluations due (if you have received a previous grant)
- October 1 > Application Deadline
- December 1 > Cheques disbursed
ARE YOU READY TO APPLY?
Applications can be completed online. Please note, you must complete the full application as the form will not save incomplete applications.
Please note: Incomplete applications will not be evaluated.
- your project expenditures form (download the fillable PDF form here)
- your registered charity number or your sponsoring charity’s number
- if you are not a registered charitable organization or other qualified donee, you need to include a written agreement establishing a partnership with a registered charity that will sponsor the proposed project. (sample template letter here)