GIVE TO AN EXISTING FUND
Make a donation in support of community needs that are important to you. With almost 190 funds, you are able to support all areas of the community. We would be happy to guide you through the various options available. You may already have a preference and we would be pleased to honour your wishes.
CREATE A LEGACY FUND
We work with you to establish a fund to fit your needs and honours your wishes. You may want your fund to benefit a particular Canadian charitable organization(s) that holds special meaning to you. You may want to support the community or region in general. You can also decide how involved you want to be with your fund.
PLAN NOW FOR GIVING LATER
When you think about what will happen to your assets once you are gone, you can strengthen your community for your children, grandchildren and future generations. Planned Giving ensures that those causes that matter most to you are realized in your estate planning. It may be as simple as naming the Community Foundation in your will; or you may wish to establish a fund today, with an option to add to it over your lifetime. We are happy to work with you and/or your professional advisor to ensure that your wishes are honoured.
MAKE A MEMORIAL DONATION
Recognize achievements or mark milestones with a donation to the Foundation in honour of someone.
HOW TO GIVE
DONATE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
We can help you make an impact in your community. We connect individuals, families and companies with causes that inspire them.
We’re here to assist you in achieving your philanthropic objectives by aligning your interests with community needs and devising creative strategies to ensure lasting impact. Whether you’re working with a lawyer, accountant, life insurance agent, financial planner, or another professional advisor, we’re delighted to collaborate in tailoring a giving approach that aligns with your goals and personal circumstances.
Gifts of cash
Cash: Please drop off cash donations in person during office hours. Do not mail cash.
Cheques: Mail or drop off cheques payable to “BC Interior Community Foundation.” Please include a note specifying the fund you want to contribute to.
Online Donations: You can donate online at Canada Helps (insert link to embedded form) or Paypal (insert link to embedded form)
Note: Donations over $25 will receive a tax receipt.
Gifts of life insurance
A gift of life insurance, by either making the Foundation the owner and beneficiary of an existing policy or purchasing a new policy and making annual premium payments, has many benefits. It allows you to make a significant gift at a fraction of the value from your disposable income. You can provide for your gift now. Your annual payments are generally modest and eligible for tax credit, giving you annual relief on your income tax return.
How it Works:
- You make BC Interior Community Foundation the owner and irrevocable beneficiary of your life insurance policy.
- You receive a tax deduction for the approximate cost or fair market value, whichever is less. If the policy is paid up, you may receive an immediate tax deduction. If it is not, you can claim continuing tax deductions on premium payments you make directly or through gifts to the BC Interior Community Foundation.
- We set up a special fund in your name, in the name of your family, or in honor of any person or organization you choose.
- Our professional staff administers your fund according to the instructions you provided.
- Our board issues grants in the name of the fund you establish (if you prefer, your awards can be made anonymously).
- We handle all the administrative details.
- Your gift is placed into an endowment that is invested over time. Earnings from your fund are used to make grants addressing community needs. Your gift—and all future earnings from your gift—is a permanent source of community capital, helping to do good work forever.)
Charitable Remainder Trust
You can place cash or property in a trust that pays annual income to you (or another named beneficiary) for life. After your death, the remainder of the trust transfers to your community foundation, and is placed in a charitable fund you’ve selected. You receive income tax benefits the year you establish your trust.
PLAN FOR THE FUTURE
The world we live in is constantly changing and the needs we face today may not be the same needs tomorrow. BC Interior Community Foundation has a long history of offering community support to charities across our region. Since 1984, we have worked with the community to identify emerging needs and make impactful granting decisions.
There are also ways to give to the BC Interior Community Foundation at a later date.
Gifts in wills allow you to make extraordinary gifts and to continue the charitable support you have given during your lifetime and for generations to come. This also provides a valuable tax savings to your estate. Please let us know if you have named the “BC Interior Community Foundation” in your will and talk to us about your gift intentions. We will help ensure that your wishes are honoured.
Name the BC Interior Community Foundation as the beneficiary of your Registered Retirement Savings Plan, Registered Retirement Income Fund or TFSA while saving your estate from paying probate tax fees on the proceeds.