Grants are awarded by the BC Interior Community Foundation twice a year, April 1st and October 1st, to non-profit organizations which hold charitable registration with Revenue Canada or are sponsored by an organization with charitable registration.
- We support community-based programs in the areas of Arts & Culture, Health & Welfare, Sports & Recreation, and other charitable activities.
- Granting is available to the residents of the Thompson, Nicola, and South Cariboo region and within the communities of Lillooet, Lytton, Clinton, 70 Mile House, Ashcroft, Cache Creek, Kamloops, Clearwater, Barriere, Chase, Logan Lake and Merritt.
- a clearly-defined and researched need;
- evidence of support from other organizations and funders;
- efficient and co-ordinate use of community resources, both human and financial;
- involvement of the program beneficiaries in the planning;
- significant volunteer participation;
- active planning for continuation of the project beyond initial funding;
- a clearly-defined and adequate method of evaluation to measure the outcomes.
Grants will not normally be awarded for operation requirements, or to rescue an organization from a financial deficit situation; or to religious organizations, unless the community-at-large will benefit significantly; or to individuals (except scholarships); or to promote political, religious, moral or ethical philosophies; or for purposes which may be deemed discriminatory.
Please note that applications must be received in advance of the event: projects are not supported retroactively. If the event or project occurs prior to the application deadline date, the application will not be reviewed. Preference will be given to new project/programs. Groups may receive only one grant per calendar year. Individuals are not eligible for funding. Incomplete applications will not be evaluated and will be returned to the applicant.
The amount requested should be proportionate to your organization’s capacity as demonstrated by your operating budget and audited financial statements. Realistic budgets must be presented.
Please note that grant amounts will not exceed one-third of the projects total cost. Currently, we are funding up to $600 of eligible costs. However, we may be able to source or leverage other funds to contribute to your project if eligible costs exceed $600.
Applicants should complete the online application. Please note that you will be asked to upload the following information to support your application:
- a list of current Board members and Officers;
- a copy of your most recent audited financial statement;
- a copy of your current budget;
- a copy of your latest Annual Report
- your charity number or your sponsoring charities number
- for sponsored organizations, establish a written partnership relationship with a registered charity (a “Charity”) that would apply for funds for the proposed project from the Foundation. CRA states that the relationship between the registered Charity and the non-charitable organization be formalized and documented before a grant can be awarded. (visit CRA website for more details)
Applications can be completed online. Please note, you must complete the full application as the form will not save incomplete applications.
Please note: Incomplete applications will not be evaluated and will be returned to the applicant.