BC Interior Community Foundation
September is Community Foundations Month in B.C. and a perfect time to leave a legacy in your community!
When you invest your donation with the BC Interior Community Foundation, your gift continues forever.
In 1984, caring members in our communities had a vision – to create an organization to support hard-working charities, community projects & volunteer programs through endowment funding. Today, thanks to their vision, the BC Interior Community Foundation(BCICF) distributes nearly $500,000 annually across our communities in the Thompson Nicola & South Cariboo region. These invested donations, a result of the legacy of our founders & generous donors of the past, have created over 200 funds held at the BCICF that support our communities.
Our funding model is unique among charities, based on perpetual endowment of your donations. These invested funds generate annual interest, and we give that interest away every year in the form of annual directed grants for established regional charities, Community Project Grants, & scholarships/bursaries.
Supporting community-based projects/programs within the BCICF coverage region of Thompson-Nicola & South Cariboo Area.
Caring & Sharing
Supporting Arts & Culture, Children & Family, Community, Environment & Recreation, Health & Welfare, Scholarships & Bursaries, Seniors & Heritage and Youth & Education
Our Communities: Lillooet, Lytton, Clinton, 70 Mile House, Ashcroft, Cache Creek, Kamloops, Clearwater, Barriere, Chase, Logan Lake and Merritt.
Support the Smart and Caring Community Fund!
- This fund supports our Community Project Grant Program, which takes applications in Spring & Fall.
- Community Project Grants are available to support every aspect of our communities – from Food Security to the Arts, the Environment or Seniors and Families, to name just a few!
- This grant program is designed to provide accountable and impactful financial help to local projects and programs that need a boost!
- Last year we gave out 20% of our total grants through the Community Project Grant Program.
- You might recognize some of our 2020 recipients:
- BC Wildlife Park
- Big Little Science Centre
- Grasslands Conservation Council of BC
- Kamloops Music Collective
- Lillooet Area Library Association
- Minerva BC
- Kamloops Hospice Association
- Zajac Ranch for Children
- Junior Achievement BC
- Barriere Recreation Society
- Mustard Seed Kamloops
- Turtle Valley Donkey Refuge
- Logan Lake WHY (Wellness, Health, & Youth) Society
Are You Ready
to leave a legacy?
Create Your Own Legacy Fund
Our Donor Advised Funds help you make a charitable gift and stay personally connected & involved. You can continuously update your wishes for how you want your gift directed to benefit our communities over time!
Community Foundations are frequently named in bequests as stewards for a donor’s assets when they wish to direct funding to specific areas of community need. These guided funds are then available to help our communities in perpetuity, while honouring your intention.
Giving through a community foundation also provides you, the donor, with greater resources to evaluate potential grant recipients, as well as the ability to support multiple charities with a single gift!
Would you like to learn more?